When you’re planning a landscaping project for your home or you’re just looking to freshen up your yard, it can be a bit challenging to know where to start. Thankfully, the experts at Huffman Landscape & Irrigation are here to help!
Top 10 Landscaping Tips
- Use color – One of the most eye-catching parts of a landscape is the assortment of colors that draws people’s eyes to it. Whether you’re using flowers to welcome guests in the front yard or create an enchanting getaway in the backyard, perennials and annuals can add character and charm to your home’s landscape.
- Enhance your driveway – Though you may not think about it this way, your driveway is one of the first things a guest sees when they visit your home for the first time. You can make it more of a feature—and less of something to hide—by either replacing your current driveway with a paver driveway or simply lining it with plants and flowers that will add to the overall appearance of your home.
- Add height and movement – Adding planters, baskets, and a variety of plants and grasses to your landscape will give it more visual interest. The greater mixture of heights, colors, and textures your yard has, the better it’ll look. Plus, incorporating a lot of different elements will actually make it easier to maintain; a totally symmetrical yard requires more upkeep, even if it looks pretty at first!
- Complement your home – Keep in mind that your home is ultimately the centerpiece of your landscape, so try to incorporate landscaping ideas that work well with your home’s look. For example, if you have a modern home, rustic brick might not be the best material choice for an outdoor fireplace—stone might be a more fitting option.
- Remember lighting – What’s the good in redoing your landscape if no one will be able to see it once the sun goes down? Outdoor lighting is essential for both the safety and beauty of your landscape. Whether you enjoy entertaining every weekend or just like to relax with your family in the evening, outdoor lighting is a crucial landscaping component that many homeowners overlook.
- Hide unsightly structures – Your shed may be useful for storing lawn tools and sports equipment, but it might not be the most attractive part of your backyard. In order to make structures like these blend in with your landscape more seamlessly, surround them with plants and other decorative elements.
- Highlight focal points – If your yard has a main focal point (such as a patio or waterfall), it’s important to focus your landscaping efforts on those first. You wouldn’t want the best elements of your home to be overshadowed by minor distractions.
- Plan – When it comes to landscaping, the best projects start with a plan. Do whatever works best for you—write down your ideas, sketch your vision, make a maintenance list, etc. Preparing these outlines for your contractor and having a clear picture of your desired end result will reduce stress later.
- Stay within budget – Though landscaping is an exciting task—and despite all of the potential work you could do to your home all at once—it’s key to take things one step at a time. Creating and maintaining a budget will allow you to gradually shape up your landscape without going overboard.
- Think towards the future – Landscaping at your home is not only valuable to you and your family, but it also offers benefits if you ever decide to sell your property later. Maintaining a beautiful yard by keeping up with your landscaping and adding new features can actually increase the value of your home.
Schedule a Landscaping Consultation in the DFW Metroplex
If you live in the DFW area and you want to vastly improve your home’s landscape,Huffman Landscape & Irrigation is the company for you. By offering a wide range of landscaping services and the best possible team of experts in the industry, we guarantee your satisfaction with any project you could imagine. If you don’t believe us, just look at our gallery!
Let Huffman Landscape & Irrigation do the work for you. Contact us online or call (817) 379-0545 to schedule a consultation and start your landscaping project today!